Sunday, July 15, 2012

Goals


My eventual goal in general is to eventually own a production company. I have worked on commercials that have aired nationally and regionally. Also I have been apart of the production of a national television show about a celebrity-fishing tournament. I would like to do this type of commercial and television production because it would give me the most flexibility, hopefully this would give me the stability and backing to possibly produce a full independent feature length production. As far is the near future goes though, I hope to get a job working for a large production company to gain as much experience as possible about both the aspects of production and running a business in the industry. I think the most influential courses I have taken while in the TCF program are 461 (Advanced Television Production) and 351 (Commercial Production). In 461 we produce two documentaries about the artists in Alabama for the TV series Art Scene Alabama. This was the closest class to an actual production I have enrolled in. In 351 we produced two commercials for local businesses. This class was very informative and we were pushed to come up the concept, production schedule and overcome obstacles that occurred with the actual production on our own.

I hope that in this class I will learn more about the actual reasoning behind each individual shot including, but not limited to the framing, composition and intentions of the Director and DP. Also I hope this class will make my productions better all around. 



(sorry this is late, I think i must have hit save and thought it had published)

No comments:

Post a Comment